Job Opening: Director of Children, Youth, and Family Ministries
Director of Children, Youth & Family Ministry (Part-time) (Arlington, MA)
Saint Paul Lutheran Church is located in Arlington, MA – a northwestern suburb of Boston. We worship 150-200 per Sunday during two services, both traditional. We have a medium-sized staff, including a Pastor, Pastoral Intern, Director of Music, Parish Administrator, Business Administrator and Facilities Manager. We are a vibrant, growing congregation reaching out beyond ourselves in love and service, committed to gathering for worship, growing in faith and giving back.
The Director of Children, Youth, and Family Ministries is responsible for developing a vision, providing leadership for, and integrating programs related to Children, Youth or Families at St. Paul Lutheran Church. This is a part-time position.
Areas of Responsibility
- Lead the Children, Youth, & Family Ministry Team (CYF Team) in setting the vision, priorities and goals for CYF Ministry at St. Paul.
- Implement the goals and priorities of the ministry as set by the CYF Team.
- Recruit, organize, supervise and train all lay teachers and leaders; provide leadership for curriculum development.
- Serve as the primary point of contact and communication for CYF Ministry.
- Partner with the Pastor and Director of Music to provide opportunities for children and youth to be incorporated into worship.
- Supervise two staff nursery attendants through weekly check-ins and annual
performance reviews; monitor nursery activity, condition, and needs.
- Advocate for an environment of inclusion by paying close attention to special needs and issues in classes and in worship and supporting families.
- Implement the Safe Church Policy as set by Church Council.
- Maintain classrooms and order all necessary supplies and curriculum.
- Provide support and resources for families to assist in Christian faith formation at home.
Reports to the Pastor
- College Graduate
- Associate in Ministry Preferred
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to communicate and interact respectfully and effectively with the Pastor and other Church Staff, parents, children and youth, volunteers, members and guests.
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to oversee and prioritize multiple projects and activities.
- Proven ability to supervise staff nursery attendants and all volunteers.
- Basic computer and office equipment skills to include MS Office.
- Ability to recruit and support volunteers and incorporate their feedback.
- Ability to work independently and efficiently; ability to initiate new projects and programs
- A sound background in Lutheran theology is desired.
Congregation Name: St. Paul Lutheran Church
City and State: Arlington MA 02476
Contact Person Name: Pastor Ross Goodman
Phone number: 781-646-7773
Congregation Web site: http://www.stpaularlington.org/